Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Layout inspired 'Hi'

I really like the simplicity of the following card :)
It was inspired by a scrapbook layout I made for an album I gave my mom last year. Sorry for not cropping this...


I still had the leftover scraps of patterned paper from the layout, and of course lots of the yellow cardstock (such a hideous colour, but sometimes it goes well with certain papers and doesn't look so bad!). Its for Monday @ 365 Cards - this week we're being given one word to draw inspiration from - Monday = ruffles!!! I cut out three scalloped strips from Plantin' Schoolbook and layered them at the bottom of my card - this technique reminds me of layers of ruffles... which makes me think of the ruffled bum tights I used to wear when I was a teeny bit younger... I should buy my sweet little niece a pair! There's hardly anything cuter than seeing a chubby little baby bum with lacey ruffles!!
Anyway.. back to my card! I'm not sure what the patterned paper is but its so sweet with its retro vibe, the piece I had left was perfect for a card! I added some Prima/Michaels flowers and distressed the brads a bit, along with various bits of paper here and there. I'm afraid I went a bit pen happy with the dots... ohhh well!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful technique to create a ruffle look on your card - and it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xo