Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life IS too short for beige!

That sentiment cannot be more true for me! You will seldom find me wearing white, beige, brown, navy, black or grey. I am ALWAYS in bright colours... so cheery! I love this Stamping Bella sentiment, it always makes me smile, so I knew it was perfect for todays 365 Cards project  - cheer someone up using images or a words. I think this card does that!
I had gone to the states today, and am so pleased - I didn't buy a lot of scrap stuff - a spool of ribbon, 2 sheets of paper, 2 stamps, a Spellbinders embossing plate, and.. drumroll... A HEAT GUN! I have been wanting one for ages but they are so expensive in Canada ($40, wtf Michaels...), and I got it for about 11 bucks at Hobby Lobby, thanks to a 40% off coupon! I used misc buttons, paper from my scrap pile (Sassafrass Lass, I love youuu! The Life is Beautiful Woodland Whimsy line in Jack's Beanstalk) andd finally cracked open my new Nifty Fifties Cricut cartridge - the dress form is so perfect for this card!


The scalloped trim is also from the Sassafrass Lass paper I used, it is the bottom edger, again - love this line because you don't waste anything! Totally useable. The dressform is heat embossed, I pressed the back of a smaller dressform i had cut out into my ink, pressed it onto my paper, heat embossed and voila! I then turned around and glued the dress form onto an envie. Makin' use of scraps :) Love it!

3 comments:

  1. I adore this card the dress is FAB. I may have to get myself that cartridge. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Johanna! Love all the details and just the perfect embellies. Thanks for playing in this 365 Cards challenge again this week!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xo